registering a web page

jeanrev

I'm not sure what you mean by 'register' - are you trying to save the webpage and then view it offline?

If so, just make sure you download the pictures to their relative path as well. There are programs that will 'extract' an entire webpage for offline browsing, but I don't think that Konqueror has that ability, so you will have to do it manually.

Well, I don't use Konqueror, but with Mozilla (should be similar) I would go to 'file' -> 'save page as' - similar to what I would do with IE.

And then, if you need images, right click on them and select 'save Image as' - in a relative path of course, so that the page can find them.

EDIT: Just noticed that Mozilla has a 'save page (complete)' option, which should do the job.

I learned that Konqueror can register a complete web page with the help of the package : kdeaddons not installed by default

How can I check wether this package is on my three installation CD's?

and how to install this package ?

thanks for the details of the operation

I found the package "kdeaddons" in order to enable Konqueror to register a complete web page but after the installation I cannot find the command "Achive a complete web page" in the tools menu as was mentionned in this thread

what shall I do now ?

thanks for your advice

jeanrev