HDMI

studmuffin007

I have a HPdv600 laptop with HDMI, I connected it to the TV configured the Nvidia graphics card to show dual display but on the TV it’s over stretched as in I can’t see the X to close a program or the start button I just can’t see a way to alter it, is there a way that I am obviously unaware of?

Thanks in advance

The only way to change the resolution is via the laptop (there is no choice on the tv) in Vista i can change the HD format to 1080p and then i get a perfect dual view in Mandriva i cant seem to find where to change the HD format as it seems to be default 720p (thats what pops up on the tv) is there a way to change it?

thanks in advance

First of all, you need to know the resolution of your TV, and then set it accordingly. For example, a TV that is HD Ready has a resolution of 1366x768 whereas a full HD TV has a resolution of 1920x1080.

Not now it don't, when i run nvidia-settings via the terminal i get a popup box with this error "You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart the X server." I've done that and i still get the same error message.

Thanks

PS

Now i cant log into mandriva, I just get a black screen with a white line flashing in the top right corner.

Edited by studmuffin007