Huawei EC325 installation

Abinash

Guys I have recently got a device HUAWEI EC325, it is a USB modem.

It is working fine with my Windows XP, but I want to use it in Mandriva 2009 What should I do??

I have searched in google but is is also of no use.

Can any one tell me how to get the rpm package for this device??

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

I've got a Huawei E220, ans I just open network mannager, then choosed to set up a new network.

In there I set it as GPRS/Egde/3G

You properly has to have some network on to set it up, because Mandriva has to install some packages for dependices.

Took a minut, in windows XP it took 5 minutes ;-)

Hey I tried the method you have mentioned but it is asking me for PIN code but my device does not have any SIM card in it as it supports only data transmission. and If i give 0000 as pin then it is saying no SIM present. What is to be done?

and yes I am also not able to install wvdial in Mandriva 2009

where can I find rpm package for Mandriva 2009

Same here... I too tried GPRS/Egde/3G selection and then when i say next - it says SIM card not found...

WVDIAL is not present on Mandriva 2009...

-I have a Huawei EC325 and TELSON handset(WLL Phone)

Both give me same error....

and yes I am also not able to install wvdial in Mandriva 2009

where can I find rpm package for Mandriva 2009

WVDIAL is in the Main Release repository for Mandriva 2009.0 although the version says 2008.1. Make sure you have the leftmost button in Software Installer set to "All" and not the default "Packages with GUI" to find wvdial.

• 2 months later...
Guest new_to_linux

Hi

Do u guys please give me detail what to do to run net using Huawai EC325

I tried as mentioned but linux is asking for PIN no. My device has no SIM and no pin

Wht should i do???? :mellow:

• 1 month later...
Guest midday

Hi I have an Optus Huawei E169 for bband wireless. I'm using a Mandriva 2009 bootdisk for OS over a crashed XP, and Mandriva recognises it as Huawei (or however its spelt), but I'm lost in the new territory of Linux.

Stumbling round trying to configure, or get on net or anything, I did get to the PIN thing, and just put in their example 8585 or something!, somewhere I saw the GPRS choices..I may have done it , but still wouldn't know how to get on net in linux, tho I just saw a clue about dev being devices not development...good... I have a long way to go, but I aint doin windows no more, I have copied the directory structure from a pinned thingy somewhere in this site, so.. I'll carry on.. hope to get it happening ..

midday is right, when you get to the pin entry you just make it up. 1234 is good (but not 0000). From then on you just fill in any required data. I am writing this from memory so it may not be totally accurate, but I think it offers you the choice of one or two providers none of which are ever any use so you look for an option to 'add provider' or something like that. This will ask you for username, password, and apn (if you don't know those you do have a problem!). From then on it will look for a provider based on the data you have entered and if it finds one it will offer to connect to it. For later connections you just click on the tray icon and select 'connect ppp0'.

Your problem comes if you have more than one provider, because it will only remember one set of connection info. Other distros have got around this by asking you to provide a name for the connection (not just ppp0) then saving each set of connection info under the name you gave it (eg Connect Vodafone instead of Connect ppp0). It is way past time that Mandriva developed this functionality as well (saying that I haven't tested this in Cooker, maybe they already have?). Don't post to tell me about network profiles, I know about them and they are a complete disaster, mixing up network profiles into the boot process is nonsense, the boot process is slow enough as it is.

Edited by viking777