Limited Openoffice fonts available

rogerh

Hello,

Just installed 2008.1 free and working with Openoffice writer. I noticed that I was getting automatic text reformating of an existing document during editing because my font (Helvetica in this case) is apparently not available (and not available in the font selection menu). The help indicates that this may be an issue with the printer not being able to print in this font. The printer exists from my 2006 Mandriva install and printed Helvetica no problem. What can I do to get the fonts??? Is there an option in Openoffice that I missed, do I need to add fonts to the 2008.1 printer driver, what???? My guess is that this is a simple one, and many out there are successfully using Helvetica on openoffice.......

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards -- Roger

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Hello,

Downloaded the RPM file, and it is only 7kB. It indicated something on the order of it not being a complete build when I started to install it - so I did not install. In reading the info from RPMpbone.net it implied that the RPM install will initiate a download of the actual contents required via my on-line connection..... Is this accurate?? Also, I am on a dial-up modem, so about how big is this download - an all-night affair??

Thanks -- Roger

it implied that the RPM install will initiate a download of the actual contents required via my on-line connection..... Is this accurate??

That is accurate. The size of the download would depend on what you already have installed. In other words, you would need these packages to build the rpm:

autoconf

automake

cabextract

elfutils

gcc-c++

gettext

libgettextmisc

libstdc++6-devel

libtool-base

m4

rpm-build

rpm-mandriva-setup-build

spec-helper

You could install these at your convenience first (many are probably on your install disk), then install the msttcorefonts-bootstrap rpm.

Alternatively, you could do (as root)

urpmi msttcorefonts-bootstrap-0.1-4brs.noarch.rpm

which could be an all-night affair using a 56k dial-up connection. :)