Against software patents in Europe

jeanackle

As far as I am concerned, such things as patent law should never violate the soveriegnty of another country. Murder, theft, and terrorism are different. But the pr in the us is actually comparing patent violaters to terrorists! It's ridiculous! I also think that people say anything and everything. But, like sco, when it comes down to it, what can they actually do? Microbrians can only do to you what England allows.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, why not.....

We'll never find an article that everyone agrees 100% ...and lets face it are any of us worthy to argue against linus or alan :tux: /me searches for 'we are not worthy' emoticon

Anything is better than nothing and this isn't just anything it's from linus and alan. /me crawls under desk and peeps out after failing to capitalise their names....

Good choice, thank goodeness someone can make decisions :D

Reading at Ars-Technica I discovered this interesting article, not that I believe all the points the author raised are valid, but it does propose the increasing unmanageability of patent and also the skewed of interest over to corporation against independent / individual inventors - but there's a catch: the author never thought of those patent which might have hurt public interest (vs foreign/corporate interest) in case when junk patent was filed and got allowed - and how to rectify such problems, nor has he discussed what can/cannot be patented at all:

http://reactor-core.org/patent-wars.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've done my best to split a large section of this thread off, since it had gone off-topic. You'll find it here: http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=9876

I did what I could to find the start of the off-topic-ness and split it from there on out, leaving on-topic stuff here.