tvtime

Mr Pockets151

Well, after many troubleshooting nightmares I finally got my tvviewing to work. However, I still can't get the sound working to great.

1) I can hear the sound vary faintly. I have my Volume set to max and both the software settings and the hardware(the volume and bass module on my desk). This is only an issue for tvtime, everything else plays at normal volume

2) When I shut tvtime down I can still hear the sound in the background and don't see it in the running processes to kill the sound.

This happens both under KDE and GNOME

The sound comes from the capture device. It is not dependent upon tvtime. To mute the sound, you'll have to open the sound mixer, locate the right sound channel (eg: Line1), and then… mute it :)

As for sound in TVtime, this software (otherwise excellent) has the unnerving habit of ignoring some of your prefered settings, among which is audio level adjustment. At launch, TVtime lowers the sound level to 50%; to make it hearable again, use the [->] (right arrow) key.

Yves.

Paste as user

amixer -c 0 scontrols
amixer -c 0 scontents

You insert in /etc/modprobe.preload tvaudio, btaudio module? You maybe use bad tuner number?

....Lex

Edited by Lexicon