2009 Wireless Card Issues - Linksys WPC54GS

Guest wazzubrad

Guest wazzubrad

I can't get Mandriva 2009 to locate any wireless networks. I have tried on multiple routers, but still nothing. I tried a Linksys WPC54GS card and a Linksys WPC11. Neither of them seem to show any available networks to connect to. I am using a Dell Inspiron laptop, i586 installation. The cards seem to be detected by mandriva and setup by the system okay. I did notice that on the cards themselves, the green transmission lights usually blink when transmitting, but are solid and not blinking at all. I have tried ndiswrapper and the proprietary driver route and was not able to get that to work at all. Thanks for any guidance, Brad.

my recommendation would be to TRY this:

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/?PHPS...84da5dfefb7767e

this has NEVER failed for me, and I even bought the driver to use on one of my laptops.

The nice part is that the license you get for $20 is tied to the MAC address of the card, so you can load/unload as many distros on as many different laptops as you want, as long as its all the same card.

saved me a LOT of headaches, PLUS you get to try it for free to see if it works!

J