New Icons

Guest ump

Trying to install new icons in MDK 9.1 but not having much luck. I go to KDE-Look Icon section I download the new icon set the instuctions tell you to goto KMenu>Confiuration>looknfeel>icon>install new icon but i keep getting errors saying it's not a KDE icon achive

So how am i to do this

did you do ./configure, make, make install after unpackaging the tar.gz file? if not, that's probably why. when you unpack that file, (in terminal) go to the directory you unapacked it to (as root) then type ./configure

you will see some scrolling text, blah, blah. when it stops & your back at your prompt, type make

it may take a while & lots of text will scroll on the screen. when that's done, if you don't see any ***error*** messages, type make install.

wait again 'til it's done doing it's thing. you should be good to go. (you may need to reboot.....it's KDE.....

***if you do see any error messages after make, it will most likely because you need dependencies. if that's the case, note what depends you need, then go to MCC->install software & do a search for what it needs, install it, then start over at make.

Chris

just installed lush with no problem.

another question when I first in stall the new icons they have an effect that cuases the icon to double in size when you hover over it with your curser but if I change even one icon it goes away how do I get the effect back

just installed lush with no problem.

another question when I first in stall the new icons they have an effect that cuases the icon to double in size when you hover over it with your curser but if I change even one icon it goes away how do I get the effect back

I always had that problem when using KDE. Not sure why they never fixed it... Well, maybe it is fixed in newer KDEs, I don't know. Annoying though, isn't it? ;)

The thing is, they shouldn't have a feature if you can only use it at a certain size... I mean, I use 48x48 icons all the time, so no matter what, if I used KDE, that feature is toast. They shouldn't allow you to check it if you're not using 32x32 icons.

Okay, well, what we're talking about are two different things then.

What I want is for the icon-zooming feature to actually WORK. You're telling me how to disable it.

IIRC, it only works with the default icons (size, set, etc) and if you modify it, it won't work. Same with the animations.