Mandriva changes my WPA password

johnmalc

Hi

I'm returning to Mandriva after installing 2009 One on a desktop and spare lappy; very impressed but with one problem that has me pulling my hair out. My wireless network is secured using WPA/PSK using a combination of numbers and uppercase letters. However, no matter what I do the configuration console immediately changes the letters to lowercase, so no way to connect. Just to test I setup a temporary network with a wholly lowercase password, no problems at all. I cannot change the password on the network as it affects too many people, plus it is such a silly problem I cannot be the first to experience it, surely?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

It should save the configuration in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 or whatever the interface is called for your wireless card. Edit this file by opening a console window and typing:

su (enter root password when prompted)
kwrite /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 (if using kde)
gedit /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 (if using gnome)

then put the password how it should be, save the file and then at the prompt type:

service network restart

and see if it's any better.

Hi, and thanks for the input. Tried your suggestion but just kept getting command not found, plus the whole installation has gone pear shaped, so will write off the install as I now have the PowerPack. Will load it over the weekend and see if it sorts the problem, and I will report back.