ADSL Modem

Guest aliman2000

Guest aliman2000

Hi folks! please can you help me?

I am a complete newbie to linux (just installed Mandrake 9.1 as a dual boot with XP) and am trying to set up my Ebuyer Conexant ADSL USB Modem. The manufacturer is Aceex, I think it may be called Conexant AccessRunner and the manufacturer code is AU11. Mandrake recognises the modem in the control panel as an ADSL USB Modem under Other Devices.

I have tried every search engine but am no further forward. All of the setups seem very complicated, even when I do try them I can only get so far then nothing.

Would it be possible for someone to give me a complete idiots guide to which files I need and the exact procedure to follow to install my modem.

I'm beginning to get really frustrated with XP and so want to move to somehting a little better but without my modem thers no point!

Cheers in advance for any help you can give me!

i have an adsl modem, but it's not your model & not usb, so i'm not sure if anything i can tell you to do would apply. :( but, have you tried Googling your modem? if not, here's a Google search on it. lot's of info pages on how to set it up in Linux. maybe it'll help. also, do you by any chance have shorewall firewall enabled? if so, try disabling that & then try setting up your modem. you can access shorewall in Mandrake Control Center (MCC)->security.

Chris

http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=I...G=Google+Search

• 1 year later...
Guest tarasbulba

hi, i have a usb adsl modem with conexant accessrunner too and i have mandrake

10 official installed.I found a driver at http://sourceforge.net/projects/accessrunner

i try to install the rpm file of driver.now my modem gives signal but still i cant connect. :wall: try this may be u can connect to net. :P i am a newbie something goes wrong...if u find a way...may be... i'll be still waiting for help :help:

tarasbulba - I'm afraid too not much help with your modem, but you might want to consider...ditching the usb and opting for ethernet.

True, its not a teccy answer, but it's less hassle and 'no drivers required'. Plug it in, configure your settings, surf. :D

I had ages of misery with a USB :angry: . Not so with the ethernet. :P

Edited by ChrisM

Guest tarasbulba

[thanks for ur reply,but i'm an obstinate person.so im still working on my modem driver.if i succesed on it i'll tell in forum.my mandrake still sees my usb modem but i cant configure it.u know im a complete newbie,i have seen something modules cant found message while working on my modems' driver somewhere.now im trying to find some documents about modules and configuring them.i cfant buy any other modem with ethernet. :wall: so i must succeed...