Mandrake update

Guest Tux234

Guest Tux234

I did that but when i typed the commands in I got this

urpmi.addmedia main ftp://ftp.stealth.net/pub/mirrors/ftp.mandrake.com/Mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/RPMS with ../base/hdlist.cz

unable to take medium "update_source" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.update_source] exists

added medium main

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1).cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2).cz]

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.International CD (x86) (cdrom3).cz]

retrieving description file of "main"...

retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "main"...

ftp://ftp.stealth.net/pub/mirrors/ftp.mandrake.com/Mandrake/9.1/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist.cz

...retrieving failed: curl failed: exited with 5 or signal 0

retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed

no hdlist file found for medium "main"

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]

problem reading synthesis file of medium "main"

unable to update medium "main"

:cry:

Yeah. I had some problems under MDK 9.1 updates, installation and removal soucers, but before copying those commands to terminal, I went to MCC and inserted manually these lines cause I have CD's:

CD1)  Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1) - relative path to synthesis: ../base/hdlist1.cz

CD2)  Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2) - relative path to synthesis: leave in blank

CD3)  International CD (x86) (cdrom3)  -  relative path to synthesis: leave in  blank

Be carefull to check the "removable devices" box while editing the new source.

I hope it helps you.

Guest Tux234

Well wasn't sure what you meant by

CD1) Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1) - relative path to synthesis: ../base/hdlist1.cz

CD2) Installation CD 2 (x86) (cdrom2) - relative path to synthesis: leave in blank

CD3) International CD (x86) (cdrom3) - relative path to synthesis: leave in blank

So I thought you meant to redo the installation cd sources in the sources manager. If that's not what you meant, what did you mean:?: :huh:

with cd 1 inserted, go:

start menu > configuration > packaging > software sources manager > add > check removable device and type:

for the first CD: name: Installation CD 1 (x86) (cdrom1)

path or mounting points: /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS (go to this directory just clicking till reaching the target as you were in nautilus navigating through directories )

Relative path to synthesis/hd list:../base/hdlist1.cs (type it) > ok

Repeat this procedure with the other cd's.

What works for me:

Go to Software Sources Manager.

Click "Add"

Click "Security Updates" (I only do security updates)

In the URL type in what the URL is for your server.

In Relative Path type:

../base/hdlist.cz

And that's it.

Also note if you are going through a proxy you need to define the proxy settings in the option it gives you in the Software Sources manager.

I can't get any servers to work on mandrake update. how could I fix this problem. Thanks in Advance.:mrgreen:

:tux: 234