After ctrl alt backspace Cedega games acting weird

iceyintel

Hello again.

I run into another KDE4 in Mandriva 2009.

When one of my games (guild wars) locked up, i used ctrl alt backspace to get out (like how i use ctrl alt delete for windows) i get back to desktop.And surprisingly i didn't see anything on the panel missing ( because i noticed everytime i do so something like the mandriva menu goes missing or so) but then i start cedega and guild wars, and then i find that the mandriva panel remains visible.What the heck?I tried WoW, same thing, i rebooted system, same result.Even in firefox doing full screen in youtube the buttons are hidden by the panel.When i downloaded LXDE for testing i found that the panels will go away.So how do i fix this? (i removed LXDE) i really don't want to switch to any DE or go back 2008 spring unless i really have to.

i made a thread here too http://www.cedega.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9788 but i don't have high hopes for there because that forum is like on life support.

and the ctrl alt backspace didn't effect any issues with the Mandriva 2008.1 and KDE3.I really starting to hate this "widget" system.Yes, would be nice if KDE team did as what apple does with dash board, and windows with sidebar, but for really important stuff like a menu launcher and a task manager is a major no no in my book, especially when it has glitches.I at least spent 30 minutes trying to learn the widget system, and to restore everything to the way it was when i accidentally removed one.

Edited by iceyintel