Can't see my C:\ drive... [solved]

Guest claudecat

Guest claudecat

Ok, I am not a complete newb, having played with several distros going back to Red Hat 4.something. I'm trying to share some files via Nicotine+ that reside currently on my vista drive - sda1 - seen as COMPAQ by Nautilus, but inaccessible. What do I need to do to fix this? I have Mandriva Powerpack 2009 (Gnome as wm)... fully updated on a recently purchased Presario.

Guest claudecat

I cannot see the drive in Nautilus or Nicotine+, even if they are started by root, but I do see the mounted (yes, mounted) volume from mc after an su in a terminal. I just wanna be able to import settings from windoze slsk, and maybe share the few files I have on that disk via Nicotine+ until I finally launch the final grenade upon the spleen of Vista (etc...) seems like this oughta be easier... and yes, I have ntfs-3g installed and have tried configuring authorizations from the System/Administration/Authorizations menu... still no joy

it SHOULD be easier, but its not always.

SAMBA comes VERY naturally to some folks, me I have to keep going BACK to a 2 page written manual i have.

this VISTA drive, are you trying to access it in the same pc as youre linux box is in or are they trying to hook up via a network browse?

sorry if these questions were answered earlier...

j

Guest claudecat

problem solved... and I feel like an idiot! I just plain didn't think of navigating my way into the /mnt directory... anyway, it seem odd the Mandriva places a desktop icon called COMPAQ, yet this icon is useless (claims not to be mounted, yet clearly it is when you navigate to /mnt/win_c or whatever it is). Thanks for the replies though... I learned SAMBA!