Mac OS X vs. Windows XP vs. Linux

jlc

Is this OSX bias?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is this OSX bias?

• Yes
    • No
    • Did you mean BIOS? ;-)

Dont think there would be any point having the forums or this site if we weren't all Mandrake biased Tux lovers.

One thing I did notice about that article, the heading, go and have a look again. Where is your eye drawn to when you read it?

Dont think there would be any point having the forums or this site if we weren't all Mandrake biased Tux lovers.

One thing I did notice about that article, the heading, go and have a look again. Where is your eye drawn to when you read it?

Whoa that article has bias. And you are right about that heading.

James

Tux love I am! One guy at school calls me penguin because I like linux.:shock:

Whoa that article has bias. And you are right about that heading.

Did you also notice for some areas it had a lot of detail but for linux it would list only one or two things then etc.? And when Apple and linux were equal, they mostly gave it to apple?

James

I have just been reading through the article again, look at the date it was first published. Now check out the footer note from the editor at the bottom, what date was a fair shoot out taken, and did they use current versions of OS's. In a month of developement M$ would have found 70 loop holes in there software and Linux would have improved their's to support 70 new devices.

More interesting is the author:

http://www.bennettarts.com/GB's_BIO.html (well I think it's him, it fits the bill) his bio looks to be very Mac related.

Not trying to add fuel to any fires just looking objectively, hell I use all three systems!

That must be the same guy, he responded on the OSNews talkbacks too; could you fix the link please, the url is not working properly, so I can only get to the sites main page, and I don't see a link to his bio anywhere.

In any case, I have decided that I will email the guy, a lot of what he said was IMHO just due to lack of knowledge, not intentionally badmouthing linux or anything.

I would likely make similar mistakes when talking about XP or OSX; although I don't write a comparative article about those systems.... ;)

Maybe I can even get him to chat in a discussion here, so we can straighten him out about his misconceptions on linux.