Is it possible to add repositories from a CD/DVD?

Guest letusplay

Guest letusplay

ok, I'm planning to upgrade my Mandrvia 2008.1 Powerpack to 2009, as I have downloaded the image and burned to DVD(unfornately I did not keep the image file), I wonder if it's possible to do an upgrade install with the urpmi command to add repositories from the DVD instead of the FTP source, I do not want to download the same contents again

It won't upgrade KDE 3, though. The KDE 3 packages are not on the disc. It will keep the 2008 Spring KDE 3 packages, which probably will not work too well in a 2009 environment.

You can add the content of the disc as a repository, yes, and then *also* add online repositories; then do the urpmi upgrade as advised on the Release Notes. It will use the DVD for all the packages it can, and then grab the rest from the internet repositories.

I don't honestly quite remember the syntax for adding a disc as a repo, but it's quite simple and I think is in the manpage. If you can't figure it out, post back and I'll look it up.

ok, I'm planning to upgrade my Mandrvia 2008.1 Powerpack to 2009, as I have downloaded the image and burned to DVD(unfornately I did not keep the image file), I wonder if it's possible to do an upgrade install with the urpmi command to add repositories from the DVD instead of the FTP source, I do not want to download the same contents again

It's been a while since I used it but I think this is what used to work for me:

urpmi.addmedia --distrib cdrom://i586

Jim