Fatal upgrade! Need urgently OpenOffice 2 [solved]

theYinYeti

Had I known, I wouldn't have upgraded :wall:

There's a regression in reading ooxml documents. I generate such documents in PHP as a crucial step for managing my work-team and reporting to the boss.

At several places in this document, sums are computed, which correctly appear in the document as:

<Cell ss:StyleID="StyleSum" ss:Index="10"   ss:Formula="=SUM(R[1]C:R[17]C)">…

for example.

Opening the document was OK with OpenOffice 2, but no more with OpenOffice 3. Each such SUM appears as “=SUM(C3:C19]))†(for example). Notice the added “])â€; that's the regression. And I just can't correct the hundreds of them by hand!

So I urgently need to find an Open Office (Calc) version 2.x that can fit in /opt or /home/yves. As an alternative, I'm even willing to uninstall all of OO3, and use RPMs of 2.x if needed! Where can I find a suitable OpenOffice 2.x?

Yves.

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

So I urgently need to find an Open Office (Calc) version 2.x that can fit in /opt or /home/yves. As an alternative, I'm even willing to uninstall all of OO3, and use RPMs of 2.x if needed! Where can I find a suitable OpenOffice 2.x?

Installing OpenOffice using a package direct from Openoffice.org should install to /opt by default.

In addition to the link provided by Ian, you could try a mirror, you could also try here (I got this pretty much straight from the OpenOffice.org homepage).

Thanks to both. I did not manage to get “out of†3.0 pages on oo.org, except for the source code. I was in a hurry.

I downloaded oo2.4.1 from Clubic (1st time I ever use this site; I hope it's OK) I'll try your suggestions if it doesn't work.

Yves.

Unfortunately, the company's net filtering + proxy kept me from getting either the archives version or the p2p version. But the Clubic version works and does import my document correctly. And it is indeed in /opt even though it is in RPM format. So I have both 2.4.1 and 3.0 now.

Lot of fears but all is well in the end :)

And thank you scarecrow too. You're all very kind to have helped me so fast!

Yves.

I have thought about it but not done it yet. No time. I have no login, I don't even know where OOo's bugzilla is… I'll do that eventually though, as this feature is a requirement to my job.

Yves.

(BTW, I've seen that a Compiz bug I filed some time ago about Metacity extra buttons is corrected in 2009.0. Nice!)