KDE 3.1 kicker menu

Guest SpaceCadet

Guest SpaceCadet

Basically, I have totally messed it up and a bunch of stuff is there that I don't want. I really like the way the original kicker looked. Any ideas as to how I can restore it to default? Thanks :)

Erm it may be extreme, and you'dlose all your other KDE settings, but remove the KDE configuration files in your home directory. Probably /hom/namehere/.kde

There's probably also be a config in that folder you could remove that is related to the kicker only.

See what everyone else say's before you remove your KDE config.

James.

Guest SpaceCadet

ok, cool I will try that. Also, when I log on as root, the original menu is there. Is there any way I can copy that kicker to the user? Just a thought :)

DO NOT log on as root Mr spacecadet, you can cause untold damage. Your still learning the basics aren't you??

Log on as a user, and open a term and su to root. Or use the superuser mode in KDE.

spacecadet,

right click on the kicker icon. you'll see "menu editor". click on that. it'll open up MenuDrake. from there you can add, remove, & generally tweak the kicker menu (& other menu items) 'til your hearts content.

Chris

Guest SpaceCadet

Ok all I did was make a new user (not logged in as root 8)) in MCC. All the defaults loaded up (nice!). I'm not too worried cuz for the last 3 days I've just been trying to figure out how to use Linux and configure settings. When I made my new user it was easy to set it up as I had not set very many things. I also figured out the transparent menu deal. I would also like to figure out the transparant window, but I guess it depends on the theme installed. From what I understand however themes are just the colours, buttons and window frame, not actual settings of the window itself and how it's used. I dunno... still figuring things out. Sometimes I submit a post after an hour of trying to figure something out and then I figure it out 5 mins later LOL