Need to install Mandrake on my 2nd Drive!! Need help!!!

Guest hugoq

hi, basically i have a problem when i try to install Mandrake, when i choose install i get a black screen.

Basically this is my system.

Asus A7M266-D

AMD MP 1900+

1024MB DDR-SDRAM Crucial

1st HD 80GB(Running Windows xp Pro)

2nd HD 100GB(contains some folders)

AUDIGY Platinum Soundcard

Alcatel ADSL SpeedTouch USB

Mandrake 8.2

What i want to do is to install Mandrake into my 2nd hard drive and give 20 gb of the 2nd hard drive to Mandrake but have the 80GB as partition with nothing on so that i can use it to backup files when i use windows.

The problem is it seems i can't install Mandrake when i try to boot from the cd-rom i get the install option and i press instal normal, but my screen goes black and nothing happesn i left it for 30 minutes nothing happened, so i decided use expert mode, with txt only and no graphics, it was installing until it got to the part where it said searching serial ports and it stays there till i switch it off as it won't do anything else.

I need some help with this, maybe i'm doing something wrong, so could anyone help me.

I need to install it becuase it is part of my module for univirsity and i can't get to do any work for it as it won't install on my pc :(

ok, i got through that process, of probing ports to actually getting it to installing, but i had to use text mode, just as i'm about to actually getting ready to finish install, where i choose networking it crashs on me so i had to reboot, once i did that i had no access to my second drive!

Bugger!!!

What da heck am i doing worng, also what i found is that if i wanna boot linux i have to go to bios and choose 2 hd to boot first!, but because the installion failed it tell me wrong os!

oh, boy i need serious help with this!

Installed it at last but i made a mistake with my graphics settings for monitor and vga card so now my monitor won't display anything, what are the command to change this, or where can i chnage this without reinstalling again!