Opera crashing with bittorrent

RVDowning

I was downloading the pwp dvd version of 2009.0 using Opera's bittorrent. It was really slow. I had forgotten to open up the ports in the firewall. So I opened them up and Opera took off and was downloading really fast -- until it crashed. I tried it three times, and after a couple of minutes Opera crashes while doing bittorrent downloads. I guess I'll try Azureus (Vuze now or something like that) and see if that works. Not sure if the problem is Opera or 2009.0 with the bittorrent downloads. I never had any such Opera problems with 2008.1.

[moved from Installing Mandriva by spinynorman]

It could be, Opera 9.52 is the latest version available in the Mandriva repositories. So chances are it's an Opera 9.6 issue or generally their implementation of bittorrent.

I have over 100 GB unused space. That should be enough. I didn't try Azureus. KTorrent should have been able to handle it and with fewer resources. My buddy just reminded me that in the errata or in something (some link I sent to him) there is a mention of a network problem in 2009.0, and mentions the package to remove if one encounters a problem. I have to find that reference and go from there.

I understand there is an issue with the network manager. I need to find the reference somewhere so I can see what to uninstall/install.

Edited by RVDowning

Brasero works but this is a gnome app, but you can install under KDE and use just the same - I have K3B in Gnome too, and it's fine :)

Either that, or login with Gnome and use nautilus to burn the DVD. This I generally use the most. I don't use KDE though.