Upgrading from Free to PowerPack (2009.0)

RVDowning

Ok, I finally got around to installing 2009.0. (The Chicago Marathon had gotten in the way. I'm still sore.) So, I installed from my downloaded file and attempted a new install just keeping my home directory. It was a nightmare. Somehow, after the install, I no longer had any of the data in my home directory. Plus, I couldn't do anything with this 4.1 KDE. It was almost like I was in a new OS and didn't know how to do anything.

So, I restored my system from backups and this time went and just did an upgrade. To my surprise I find that I have installed the Free version. It seems I had downloaded and burned to dvd the wrong version. Sigh....

Don't have a clue how I did that. Anyway, so now the question is how to upgrade from Free to PowerPack. Do I have to download the 4.4 GB PowerPack version and then do another upgrade from the dvd I create? With the Free version I haven't even figured out how to get my secondary monitor working because I haven't figured out how to download the nvidia-settings program which I believe comes with some of the nvidia drivers.

There is still bizarre stuff happening though. When I attempt to open a command window in Konqueror I get a bunch of other garbage windows open. Plus, I can't seem to open Konqueror in supervisor mode any more. But, I'll tackle these after I at least get the right version installed.