apt guide for RH9

Guest arise

Thanks, but i can install flash if i need too, just havn't found a need to yet.

Point i was making is, you shouldn't have to install flash to see the apt tutorial.

Guest arise

Point taken, but since flash is not a novelty anymore (even for Linux users) nowadays i decided to built the menues like that :P

It's a paradox how many people complain that they can't get flash to work on whatever mozilla/konqueror/firebird browser, but when it comes down to using it afterwards...they still complain...or am i wrong?

Thanks, but i can install flash if i need too, just havn't found a need to yet.

Point i was making is, you shouldn't have to install flash to see the apt tutorial.

Oops, my bad. I thought you were asking HOW-TO. I thought that was an odd question for anon.

:lol:

Point taken, but since flash is not a novelty anymore (even for Linux users) nowadays i decided to built the menues like that :P

It's a paradox how many people complain that they can't get flash to work on whatever mozilla/konqueror/firebird browser, but when it comes down to using it afterwards...they still complain...or am i wrong?

I don't know. I didn't know that many people had a problem installing flash.

Im running a cooker version of MDK at the moment, so i don't go installing every app.

I still think tutorials should not require Flash though, some Linux users ( not me) don't even run X86, they just use a console.

Maybe add a link to a text version?? whatever. :wink:

I don't know. I didn't know that many people had a problem installing flash.

Im running a cooker version of MDK at the moment, so i don't go installing every app.

I still think tutorials should not require Flash though, some Linux users ( not me) don't even run X86, they just use a console.

Maybe add a link to a text version?? whatever. :wink:

I see anon's point now and fully agree, I didn't even notice it was using flash (since I am) but anon is right. When Noob's come to your sight and don't know the first thing about installing flash, well your Tut's aren't going to do them very much. Maybe you can create the first page that comes up to take them to Flash enabled or flash not enabled. Just a thought. It is a nice sight and will be helpful to people but making in flash only will hurt the end user.

Guest arise

heh? i agreed with you, relax :) if i wouldn't have i would have posted much more :twisted:

Maybe i should put a link straight to the flash packages on the right text intro frame, in case ppl don't have it installed...:)

(see, i WILL get you to install flash after all, mwhahahaaha)

Good idea anyway