Today is the day - hooray!

arctic

Luckily smart packages are 2009.0 so I'm getting them installed now, maybe at least I can try a force-downgrade if it's not too late. Just got to wait for the official 2009.0 mirror to appear with the packages I have so that I can downgrade them. I cannot find a mirror with the 2009.0 packages that got upgraded to 2009.1.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apperantly it's a server side error but still the people that downloaded, installed and updated are screwed

Yet again they don't manage the release process to a reasonable standard (although I expect the one-man PR department to "beg to differ").

Unless you know what you're doing, I suggest you wait for an official announcement before downloading. It usually appears on the official Mandirva Blog. :)

The most sensible approach IMO.

For those, too lazy to read it, here it is again:

Ok, it seems this was fixed, according to ennael on irc :

$ GET http://api.mandriva.com/mirrors/basic.2009.0.i586.list | md5sum

077f2e18972dce94a32c2e21f5368b9d -

People need to erase /var/cache/urpmi/mirrors.cache to take this in account.

Done it, manually downloaded from mirror, and now I'm all 2009.0 again.

rpm -Uvh --force mandriva-release-*

for the two rpms I downloaded - mandriva-release-common and mandriva-release-Free. In hindsight, I could have done this for the other ones too instead of doing a urpme of the packages, and then urpmi'ing the packages again and the dependencies.

I had to downgrade:

the release files (mandriva-release-common and mandriva-release-XXXXX, where XXXX is dependent on your version of mdv, ie free, powepack, one)

harddrake and its dependencies

drakx-kbd-mouse-x11

about 9 files in total

Edited by ffi

You don't really need to bother downgrading anything but mandriva-release packages. None of the other changes are major or unstable, you can just go ahead and keep them.

The mirror list isn't hardcoded into any package. When repos are added it basically just asks api.mandriva.com to provide repositories for whatever version it identifies itself as (according to /etc/product.id). This wasn't updated for 2009 release until a couple of hours after Fred sent the initial announcement to Cooker and the forums, though it was already fixed before I sent the announcement to all other sites, and the official PR still hasn't been issued yet. So yes, we're sorry about that, but it will only affect the earliest of early adopters. I think everyone affected is likely reading this thread or the one on the official forum. :)

Well, from using this for the last two weeks because I upgraded from 2008.1 to 2009.0 RC2 because of a shut down problem, it's fast, and stable. A few bugs, but nothing serious.