KDE Address Book

Guest turi

file:/home/me/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf

Now, I want to share that file so I tried creating a link to

file:/home/wife/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf

That didn't work. Even after checking proper rights. What did work was copying the file there, but I want to have it so that when she or I makes an update, the other will be up to date too. Any ideas? Thanks!

can't you just use "export" (open kmail->open address book->click on "file"->click on "export"->export list) & export the address book file, then have your wife login & import it?

Chris

I don't want to export and have her import because then that's extra work we really don't need to do and on top of that, it wouldn't reflect changes I may have made if she forgot to import or didn't. However, for the time being, I have done that. At least the bulk is there.

I tried moving the file elsewhere, like I did with KOrganizer's data. Korganizer works doing it that way. /home/korganizer. Rights set correctly. Works well.

Try that with that file for std.vcf, and Address book opens blank. I can't find anywhere where to change the option as to where addressbook will look for that file. If that could be, then I think I could solve this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress. I can get this to work, if there is a way to let the Address book know where to look for the file, rather than the default location. Anyone know how to do this?