HELP SIMS

Help,

Anyone got the sims working.

I have a friend who'll convert to linux if i can wine the simms.

I promised I would cos I'd heard it works but any advice?? Wine, wineX ...

havn't dabbled in wine for a long time and then i got notepad running and called it a day ....

Guest JaseP

I think that the SIMS only works in Linux as the special Transgaming edition that used to be available only with the Mandrake gaming edition. Now, the SIMs is apparently available through Transgaming. It means that if you already have it (Win version), you'll have to pay twice, but I believe all your save-files are transfereable. However, I don't believe the expansion packs are supported.

Guest JaseP

Results DO vary from system to system. I for instance have a working WineX 2.2 & 3.1 implementation on Mandrake 8.2. It will run many propgrams that are listed as 4s on the game list on transgaming's site, but I still can't run Imperium Galactica or Spiderman (non-movie), which is annoying. However, it runs Jedi Knight 1&2, Elite Force, RTCW (I have trouble with the Linux native,... don't ask), Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (which is listed as a 0), and several others as well.

How about just getting your buddy to duel-boot?