Unable to connect to Bluetooth Headset [solved]

Snat

Now, either I am doing this wrong or something. My issue may sound like hardware, but I know that both the bluetooth USB device work and so does my headset. If somebody who has this working before, could explain to me how bluetooth headset works in Linux (I ain't the best with bluetooth and in Windows, it worked).

[snat@tweek ~]$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
00:14:BE:08:01:25	PS3 EX-01

[snat@tweek ~]$ hcitool cc 00:14:BE:08:01:25
Can't create connection: Operation not permitted

When I do the above command as root, it doesn't print anything to terminal so I am guessing that it has done something and waiting for another input (Likely the PIN, but don't know what command it wants).

I have looked on Google and it seems bluetooth headsets are a common problem so, thanks if anything can help me out.

I have a bluetooth headset for my phone. I couldn't get it working in Windows because of no drivers for it. So I could never use it. I'll have to try it in Linux and let you know how I get on and see if I can get it working, or how to pass the pin code to it.

I don't have a bluetooth headset, so I will not be able to offer you much help.

I do know that you need to have the bluez-utils-alsa package installed, if you haven't already installed it. Then I would suggest that you check out the info in this section of the wiki: wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices

Please note the headset profile at the bottom of that page.

Sorry, it worked all long. I wanted to hear music in Amarok and forgot to change the ALSA settings to bluetooth rather then default. Just do Google will spider this, this is a how I got bluetooth headset to work in Mandriva.

Incase, anyone else wants to know what I done. I have installed the default packages that Mandriva installs and in terminal (As root). Also make sure that bluez-utils-alsa package is installed.

hcitool cc 00:14:BE:08:01:25

(Change the Mac address to your own. Don't know it then do hcitool scan

It won't ask for a Pin (something I didn't know). Make sure whatever you want such as Amarok is using your bluetooth rather then the default settings. Once you done that and load something up, it will ask for the PIN. Put in your Pin and make sure your sound is working (Careful, not to have it to loud like I just learnt).

Also, make sure to make a file called "~/.asoundrc". The contents my mine is the following

GNU nano 2.0.7		  File: /home/snat/.asoundrc							

pcm.bluetooth {
	type plug
	slave {
			pcm "bluetooth_hw"
	}
}

pcm.bluetooth_hw {
  type bluetooth
  device 00:14:BE:08:01:25
  profile "auto"
}