videora works in mandriva?

I am trying to install videora using Wine. At one point I was prompted to install Microsoft .NET framework2 which failed. However when I installed Mono Videora installation seemed to have completed. But every time I try to open videora I would see the bouncy icon for a few seconds and then nothing happens. Help! I really need a software such as videora to convert videos for my video ipod... Thanks!

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Trying to run dot net framework apps under mono is surely enough more sane than testing them under wine.

And of course they should *normally* run in a VM, like VirtualBox.

That said, try installing dot net framework 2.0 preferrably in separate win2k bottle, or maybe XP one. Installing it at some 9X environment will likely fail.

Edited by scarecrow

mono is a framework for non-windows OS'es, which actually is able to run a lot (how many?- I frankly don't know...) applications coded in .net

I can only confirm that several windoze apps coded in pure .net run quite well under mono.

Usage is roughly the same as under wine- please refer to the mono documentation for more details.

Edited by scarecrow