HP w2207h vertical display works with Mandriva?

tetsujin29

I have a Hp w2207h 22-in LCD monitor connected to my intel celeron 2.2ghz w/ 1GB RAM, running Mandriva 2008 Spring. The screen resolution is 1680x1050 and the normal horizaontal display works fine. However, when I turn the screen sideways to the vertical viewing position the screen image is unchanged. If I change the orientation of the screen from normal to "rotate left 90 degres", the screen is turned for a few seconds and then blanks out and returns to the normal horizontal orientation. Is there a way to make the vertical display work in Mandirva? that would make webpage viewing fantastic. The HP monitor does come with MyDisplay software, which does NOT run under WINE...

Thanks.

I am using compiz and the 3D desktop. But even without it the vertical display doesn't work. I have an Intel 82845G video card. I am connecting the computer tower to the monitor using VGA. What SHOULD happen to the normally landscape desktop background when I use the vertical mode of my monitor? Is there just going to be blank space between the top and bottom or will it auto-resize?