GUI

Guest Sandrobot

Welcome!

What ever do you mean? GUI not working could be a lot of things. Laptop? Which one? If you believe this is the reason we have a Laptop Section. ISO's to Upgrade? What?...do you have ML7.2?

We need lots of details please :wink:

Guest Sandrobot

Okay. first off I know nothing about computeers or Linux I'm just borrowing this laptop from my brother. So when you ask for specs I have no idea to get them or anything. Please explain to me as if I were a child (I am too). My GUI isn't working and when I start up the computer a whole bunch of FAILS come up. My brother suggested getting something called ISO's on cdroms and inserting them into the computer for upgrades might fix it but I don't know. I'm also gonna post this in the laptop section.

do you atleast know the make and model of the laptop? usually you can find this either on the top of the laptop, possibly on a sticker on the bottom, or maybe around the keyboard.

i.e.: i have a Dell Latitude C810, as indicated by a sticker on the bottom of the laptop.

Guest Sandrobot

The model is a DELL Inspiron 12500 and the FAILS are USB Controller, Interface and Postfix (which fails big time because it shows tons of thing like INVALID CODE and lot's of lines of white letters). Then it ask for login.

If you have cd1 and cd2 I don't see what 3 is gonna do for ya. unless you need the kernel-source to compile in order that something work. 9.1 Bamboo is the latest. I posted the link above.....does it not work? Was I rt about it being a i2500? Did you visit the links for it above? See anything interesting?

Guest Sandrobot

I think your right about i2500 I read it wrong. And also, if your sure that I don't need disk 3 I 'll just use the first two but I'll try upgrading it first if that doesn't work I'll install.

Guest Sandrobot

:!: When I try to begin the installation/upgrade and I put the CD-ROM in then it saids I don't have "a installation disk". I put ISO 1 on one of them and ISO 2 on the other yet when I put either one or two in it just asks for an installation disk.