Wahooo, 9.1 finally loaded!!!

kshuff

As some of you may recall I've been having a tough time trying to get 9.1 loaded onto a Dell Latitude CPx laptop, problems with X, and so on. After banging my head against the wall for a few months, I finally gave up and let it sit for three months. But last night I decided to try again, guess what, the installation went off without a hitch, no problems whatsoever. And everything actually works! Guess I'll never know what the problem was, but who cares as long as everything is functioning A-OK!

-ks

welcome to the linux world i hope ya enjoy it 

have questions ask here this fourm helps big time  :wink:

It was a challenge to get 9.1 installed where on the other hand 9.0 went with no problems right off the bat. I'm not new to the unix world, have 14 Silicon Graphics workstations in the basement running IRIX, only new to the Linux idea. Takes some getting used to.

-ks

The differences between Linux and Irix are only about the same as say Irix and Solaris or AIX. Like in Irix you have hinv whereas Solaris (until 8) you had to grep on a dmesg.

Now for the real criticisms ... IBM machines go in the basement ... Its the only place for such UGLY looking pieces of kit. You can't hide the beautfully crafted SGI's in a basement ......

Now for the real criticisms ... IBM machines go in the basement ... Its the only place for such UGLY looking pieces of kit.  You can't hide the beautfully crafted SGI's in a basement ......

That's the only place I have room for all of them, but their well cared for :D

-ks