any cd cover designer software for Linux/MDK?

chris z

thanks for the OpenOffice tip! never thought about that. i'll add that to the list. won't get to try these things 'til tomorrow, but at least you guys are giving me some ideas. (anything to keep me outta Window$!)

judland

with OpenOffice templates, can you use your own cd cover art for front cover pictures, ala copping the covers from Amazon, & then just pasting them into a template? just wondrin'.........

Chris

Yup, you bet. The thing about using OOWriter is that you have all the functionality of the word processor at your disposal, and the software is most likely already installed on your PC.

Be sure to check out the templates for OODraw. There are many more CD/DVD templates under that heading as well.

judland........

i played around with OO & those templates before work this morning. that is the shit! thanks soooo much. you saved me from booting into Window$! you are correct, too...........i get the best of both worlds with OO.......i can manipulate the graphics how i want, & it's a kick ass word processor to boot!

Chris

Hey, glad I could help you out, Chris. I'm always in search of the easiest way to get things done. Guess that's what lead me to Linux :lol:

I'll have to give the Gimp plugin a try sometime, Michel. Thanks for the info.!

• 2 years later...

There is an rpm for KCDLABEL. It is in contribs, so also is GLABELS.

There is rarely ever a need to compile a program package. The sites that only seem to list suse or fedora or whatever for binary packages gives the false impression that there are none available for Mandriva and this could not be further from the truth.

If you learn of a programme name, look FIRST in Main and Contrib, especially contrib, and more often than not you will find it there. Simple.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

If you learn of a programme name, look FIRST in Main and Contrib, especially contrib, and more often than not you will find it there. Simple.

I completely agree. The chance that it won't be on the mirrors is quite small, as there are over 13 000 packages available for Mandriva.

I guess I will give a look to glables now. :)