Update verification errors

viking777

I am away from home at the moment and using gprs/3g modems to connect to the internet. I have two of these with two different providers but I have noticed recently that every time I try to update anything using the '3' network I get a shed load of signature verification errors. If I switch to the Vodafone network I do not get any errors at all. Sadly most places I go the Vodafone network is generally too slow to update anything, whereas with '3' you might just about manage it if it weren't for the errors.

I am not exactly looking for a solution to this because it will go away of its own accord when I get home, but I just wonder why it might happen? Does anyone know?

Incidentally, I run two versions of Mandriva and one of Opensuse and the effect is noticeable on all three, so this is not a Mandriva specific fault.

• 3 weeks later...

the 3g network might be compacting your downloads, so the sig may not match. that's just a guess, however - it's possible the 3g just has data corruption issues (not usually noticeable in normal browsing, but when downloading binary files - yeah).

Edited by tyme

I have been having issues recently with AT&T's GPRS 3G network. I downloaded some script files from Sierra Wireless and am using pppd to run them. It's only been a couple of days, but so far so good. We'll see if it holds up in other locations. See my thread below for more details.

AT&T cellular modem (860 Aircard) and constant disconnects