mouse issues.

ezroller

This happened to me before, I had to push the wheel in and turn it to make it scroll up. I can't remember for the life of me what I did to fix it, but all of a sudden it went away. I think perhaps it was when I went from 9.0 to 9.1, but I could be wrong.

its an optical/wireless. and even better, attached to a KVM. I'll spare you what happens when I switch from BeOS/Windows/OSX to linux.

anyways. I went to mcc and changed to a standard 3 button mouse, and it seems ok for now, but I always lose it at random.

I just went and grabbed a regular analog mouse from the lab and plugged that into the kvm. now i have functionality back. I'm just gonna stay with this and put the wireless setup on my servers kvm. that'll be better anyways.

Actually i have a M$ intellimouse and i don't have the scroll functionality at all.

Whe i change the mouse to a Wheel mouse in mandrake install it would stuff up and be unusable, so i'd change it back to standard and it'd still be unusable, so i haven't changed it!!! I've left it standard. It's not an explorer. No optical. (my optical has a f**ked cable)

James

rcxau: open up your XF86Config-4, go to the mouse section, look for the protocol line:

Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"

key here being the IMPS/2. now, add this line:

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

to the mouse section. 4 5 works for me, but if it doesn't for you try 6 7 as that may work better.

i have a 4th button on my mouse that actually has a neat side effect. in windows it's supposed to change from one open program to another (i got it after my switch to linux-only so no clue if it does this or not!), but in linux, if i highlight a line of text i can then past it by clicking said button-without pressing ctrl+c or ctrl+v.

and i never added a 4th button functionality :shock: so i assume it's just some odd interpretation of instructions or something...