KAudioCreator MP3 - LAME required [solved]

erniev

Click on the "Easy-Urpmi" link above and follow the directions for adding the additional mandriva software repositories to your urpmi database. The lame packages are in the plf repos IIRC along with a lot of other packages that mandriva can't distribute for legal reasons like win32 codecs. Once the repos are set up the packages you need will be visible in mcc.

Make sure in MCC's "Install & Remove Software" that you have the leftmost button set to "All" and not to the default "Packages with GUI".

David,

Thank you that sorted my problem -

Now If I could ask another question - having created some mp3 files - how do I now copy them to my mp3 player.

I get as far as connecting the USB cable but then I am lost - I cannot find the mp3 player on the desktop and my Linux knowledge is such that I would not know where to look in the folders. Is there something I should be doing that will allow me to view the mp3 players and copy files to it?

My mp3 player is a Sopny Walkman NWZ-A818

I will submit this new request as a new topic

Thank you

ernie

Edited by erniev

Is the player an mtp device?

If it is, then even windows do not mount it as a regular drive (it just appear as a device in windoze explorer, but without a drive letter assigned.

I guess it is (I don't have one), because reading comments on the net anyone says that syncing is done using Windows Media Player 10+ (which does support MTP devices).

If it is, you need to install libmtp, and some sort of frontend (gnomad2, amarok, banshee, mtpfs... whatever you like).

Edited by scarecrow