firefox3 closes up [solved]

Kieth

In terminal, I opened up Fire Fox 3, and began to use it. When it closed down, I received the following errors.

$ firefox3
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and is not UTF-8
Flash Player: Warning: environment variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is set and is not UTF-8
/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.1/run-mozilla.sh: line 131: 27665 Segmentation fault	  "$prog" ${1+"$@"}

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

Thanks,

Kieth

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

Edited by Kieth

Nope, that didn't work. Here's what I got in terminal.

$ firefox3
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetMIMEDescription
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetMIMEDescription return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetValue
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetValue: returning plugin name.
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetValue return
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetValue
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetValue: returning plugin description.
GCJ PLUGIN: thread 0xb5b141f0: NP_GetValue return

I don't think I have 2 firefoxes loaded. Doing updates, who knows what I did. But anyway, I searched for others, but I didn't find any. Also, according to MCC, I only have firefox3 installed, along with the Italian interface and the lib files.

Just out of curiosity, I cranked up the Opera browser, using terminal, and this is what I got.

$ opera
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
opera: X Shared memory extension is not available. ZPixmap not supported

Any other ideas as how to resolve the problem?

Thanks,

Kieth

Greg, I did not know what to expect when I changed ./mozilla to ./mozilla2. After I changed it, I immediately looked at terminal to see what happened. When I saw all the errors, I wrote my response here. I was expecting the errors not to be there. But you're right, FireFox has not crashed since I made the change, even if I get all the errors.

Is there a file, cookie or something else that caused FireFox to crash?

Thanks,

Kieth