Remaining hardware..

Guest mahiles

Guest mahiles

Now I've got most of my hardware working to some degree in Mandrake, theres a few things I still have to ask..

1st off, how do I configure the 3rd mouse button?

Second, is there any way of configuring extra buttons on my keyboard? I have buttons for a media player, email, internet, search etc.. (Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard)

Lol keep readin theres more.. Has anyone got a Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working in Mandrake?

Does Mandrake support usb mass storage devices? I've got an 128Mb usb memory stick..

Last but not least.. When trying to add my scanner (Canon D1250U2) Mandrake does list it however says something on the lines of "This scanner is not supported in this version of Mandrake". Does that mean someone is going to add it later?

By the way I bought all this stuff before I started trying out Mandrake, I'll know to take more care over what I'm buying in the future :)

For your webcam, is it a USB webcam?

For that, you should just be able to plug it in and it's ready to go. You should see an Xaw TV or Gnome Meeting icon on your desktop if you have these installed if your webcam is supported.

Does Mandrake support usb mass storage devices? I've got an 128Mb usb memory stick..
think so....don't have any so I've never used it but I see a usb-storage mod that always loads.

[root@localhost home]# cat /proc/bus/usb/drivers

usbdevfs

hub

usb-storage

96-111: hiddev

hid

usb_mouse

[root@localhost home]#

poke around in /usr/src/linux/Documentation for info

Now I've got most of my hardware working to some degree in Mandrake, theres a few things I still have to ask..

1st off, how do I configure the 3rd mouse button?

A:mandrake controle center > hardware > mouse

Second, is there any way of configuring extra buttons on my keyboard? I have buttons for a media player, email, internet, search etc.. (Logitech Internet Navigator Keyboard)

A: mandrake controle center >software > install packages > in the serech look for acme and install it all my multimedia keys work

Lol keep readin theres more.. Has anyone got a Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 working in Mandrake?

A: dont know i dont have any cams yet

A: YES my 6 in 1 memorey card reader works and auto mounts any memory cards i put in it so in thery it shound work

Last but not least.. When trying to add my scanner (Canon D1250U2) Mandrake does list it however says something on the lines of "This scanner is not supported in this version of Mandrake". Does that mean someone is going to add it later?

A: probly but is it usb or scsi or printer port ya can probly futzs with it to get it to work google it might find help out thare

By the way I bought all this stuff before I started trying out Mandrake, I'll know to take more care over what I'm buying in the future

Good point hehehe

but i did it the outer way waround bought new system and had to get it all worken right so i coule use all the featuers i had

heheheheh :P

Scanner wise have a look at the SANE homepage. SANE provides most of the scanner support under Linux, and theres a list of all the presently supported scanners on their web-site plus instructions on how to use them. I guess when Mandrake shipped there weren't drivers around, but it doesn't mean that they haven't subsequently appeared.

http://www.mostang.com/sane/

Guest mahiles

I've only just read the last post by rcxau so I'll check that out in a sec :)

Heres an update so far:

I went to the places people pointed out for configuring the mouse but there was nothing on actually configuring what the middle or third mouse button does..

I searched for acme in the package installer but couldnt find it :?

Its a USB webcam and after playing about with it I don't think it's supported although to be honest I'm not that fussed, I hardly use it anymore.

The memory stick is still causing me problems. When I plug it in then boot Mandrake, it always crashes when loading up. When I'm already in Mandrake, plug it in and then try detecting new hardware the detection program crashes :?

Thanks for that link to SANE, I found out that my scanner is currently uncompatible but theres someone working on it :)

I've uploaded again try this link

http://www.geocities.com/rcxau/xbindkeys.html

It works now.

Once you install xbindkeys you now need to configure it.

Just install xindkeys config, it's at the link above.

You can then configure it by running

xbindkeys_config

[james@dhcp-796-117 james]$ xbindkeys_config

You also have to make sure 'xbindkeys' runs when you log in. or when KDE starts.

James