Are you in a LUG

iphitus

Are you a member of a LUG  

1. 1. Are you a member of a LUG

• Yes
    • No
    • a lug??

Me I joined because I thought it might be interesting. It didn't cost anything. Every month they have a meeting, and a few speakers, i've looked at the old ones and they seemed interesting. They have a mailing list too. Besides, it doesn't hurt joining.

James

been a member of the Philippine Linux Users Group for about 2 years now. I have attended one of the general assemblys and participated in the officer election but have been busy ever since. i give help in the mailing list from time to time though.

ciao!

I answered yes despite not having gone yet. The OCLUG here in Ottawa had Alan Cox speak last summer at their "Linux in the wild" outdoor bar-b-que and I meant to go this year's last week but only remembered it around 8pm (damn!) so I'm going for sure to next month's meeting.

Hey, well, im actually a member of two!.-

www.cafelug.org.ar

and

www.gupos.com.ar

and i thinks its pretty cool to be a member of a LUG, its like this forum, but with ppl.. yeah i know you --including me-- dont like live interaction, but hey! we are humans after all.

Also, a couple of weeks ago there was a Open Source Jornades (i dont know if thats the correct translation, but well) and Miguel de Icaza came to talk.. it was pretty good...

i'm considering starting one in harrisburg, when I return to school.

have to see how that goes...

/me rubs his eyes

do i see a new female member to our little board? holy poop...(not ment to offend, women are just rare here, we have mystified, sarah31 and anna...that's all)

Heather Im from Merrill (just N. of Wausau) where might this LUG be that is 2hrs away? Also you have to do what I do, give a copy of Knoppix to your neighbors to try out, soon they will be asking you to partition thier hdd to load a linux distro on it. :lol:

(speaking from experience with one of my nieghbors)

FX