Connecting to a client THROUGH the server

qeldroma

I want to administrate some clients in a local subnet.

I can connect to the server via DSL and SSH.

What i tried:

1. Connect to the server through ssh

2. Connect to the client through telnet.

Problem: The telnet connect works, but if the login question comes up, he doesn't accept my password, don't know why. When i am trying the pasword local in a shell, it works, but not with telnet?!

What i am on the way to try:

1. connect server through ssh

2. connect to the client with ssh

I don't know why, but the client (LM8.2) got errors when i am trying to "urpmi openssh-server". So it doesn'T work till now.

Another thing is speed, because it will be a doubled ssh connection. I think it is enoug to connect to the server via ssh, to the client i don't need more than telnet.

So the most interesting thing is, why telnet doesn't work. Do i have to give the logins free for telnet??

If you're at machine A and you connect to B by ssh, and you want from this session to connect from B to A, you have to use ssh again IMO.

When you run an ssh session, all you do is a secure remote access. You're "sort of" at machine B. If on machine B you do telnet, it will use the telnet port, no matter if you're really on B or if you use B via ssh. Nothing sure, though...

Yves.