MDK 9.2 Beta's are showing up...

shen

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm downloading cds 2 & 3 (1 isn't on my local server yet..oddly enough) as we speak. in the morning i'll check to see if 1 is up and hopefully be tomorrow when i get home from work i'll have 9.2 iso's ready to be burned (and uploaded to our server here, of course! ;-) )

I thought we were in sync with the new stuff. I briefly checked the Downloads button above and didn't see any 9.2 stuff there.

Anyway, What's new? How's the install? USB, SCSI, supermount problems? I expect a full report in the morning, k' tyme? :wink:

Here's a link with some info.

http://www.iexbeta.com/comments.php?catid=1&id=1302

I don't understand why MDK & RH are releaseing BETA's before kernel 2.6 or Gnome 2.4 and whatever KDE is working on. There doesn't seem to be any major components that have been updated to warrant a new release???????????????????????????????????????

as i said in the other thread, it's because they have a 6 month release cycle, whether or not there are any major updates. besides, . releases aren't meant to be major updates-more bug fixes. the full number releases (8.0, 9.0, etc.) are were the major changes come in.

Maybe they plan to drop in the new kernel and gnome 2.4 during the last few stages of beta? who knows what their plan is ;-)

Well this release actually has some updated material...Well some apps are current and what not. Although I would love to see 9.2 released with gnome 2.4...:) I have been using gnome lately and I am actually starting to like it.. Seems to be faster then kde and seems to be abit more simplistic.

Has anyone installed this yet?

Just curious if anyone had any issues when doing an install and you select individual package selection were you able to select and unselect packages? I get a message saying I can't.. I am just curious before I post it as a bug..:)

give us time man! :-P

I'll be giving it a go when I get home. I'm going to try the upgrade option first and see how that goes. If it goes badly, I'll be off to do a regular install.

Will keep notes and report back....