Nvidia And Intel 4965 woes [solved]

littleb2005

i am running the free edition of mandriva

Some packages (iwlwifi-4965-ucode) are required but aren't available. These packages can be found in Mandriva Linux One, Mandriva Linux Powerpack, or in the official non-free package repository.

where is the non-free repositiory as i cant seem to find it

also am i going to have to install the nvidia driver the old cli way to get my graphics card to work or is there another way

Have you tried the easy-urpmi link from the top right of the forum? It should give you all the repos you need (especially if you choose the plf ones as well).

As for Nvidia drivers you cannot install these if the gui is running so you will have to use a cli. It isn't difficult though, just cd to the directory you stored it in and then run sh NVIDIA.......... then answer a few questions and it does it for you. (Make sure you have the kernel-devel files for your kernel though or it won't work).

You can also install the Nvidia proprietary driver packaged by Mandriva as per instructions here: http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Installing_pro...eo_card_drivers

AAAGGGHHH!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry::angry: :angry: :angry:

Here is me, cli-hater-in-chief, and I never even knew that!!! All the while I have been doing it in a console when all I had to do was press the 'graphics card' button in MCC.

(unfortunately it doesn't work on the latest cooker kernel due to unsatisfiable dependencies, but then it doesn't work from the console either)

Edited by viking777