optimal use for 3d cube desktop

tetsujin29

Did I say tool bar ???. No I did not. I said Title Bar. Right at the very top.

I can't make it any clearer than that.

It might be to your benefit to calm down a little bit before responding next time. So he didn't understand what you meant, chill out.

Thank you Arctic.

You are correct. Why would I be upset because someone here didn't correctly read my suggestion ???.

Thyme's response is typical as to what is causing so many members leaving MUB. Maybe I should have loaded my post with funny emoticons to ensure i didn't hurt any ones feelings especially Thymes. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers. John.

Seems no one bothered to answer you query about moving an open application to a different desktop.
I answered in #3
Most apps if you left click on the icon in the top left of the window will reveal a menu, in there is the option to send that window to whichever desktop you wish.

I answered in #3

I understand what a¨ title bar¨ is - but I am saying that there is no option on the right-click menu that says move to desktop #. THere is Advanced Move Minimized Maximize Shade CLose, and Move doesnt just assign the window to a new desktop as you said. I didnt want to nitpick but there are so many responses generated regarding this....

Are you using KDE or Gnome ???. I am using KDE and Konqueror.

I generally use default settings so there is nothing tricky or fancy going on here. By the way regarding the icon on the left of the title bar, left or right clicking on it does nothing for me at all.

John.

I think I know what the misunderstanding is here. In the classic KDE desktop one has four desktops whereas with the cube there is only one desktop and four windows. So the answer to the original post is it cannot be done with the cube.

In the classic mode the icon at the top left of the title bar does give me the option of sending a window to any of the other desktops plus some other functions. I hope this is of help.

I think I know what the misunderstanding is here. In the classic KDE desktop one has four desktops whereas with the cube there is only one desktop and four windows. So the answer to the original post is it cannot be done with the cube.

In the classic mode the icon at the top left of the title bar does give me the option of sending a window to any of the other desktops plus some other functions. I hope this is of help.

THank you I think thatÅ› where the misunderstanding was. I am happy with the cube desktop - was just curious to hear what others think, didnt mean to set off a heated discussion about title bars :D

I don't think that John was upset when he wrote that. It can be read in two ways. "Upset-mode" and one "slightly-puzzled-mode". JMHO. :)
Sorry, I'm not psychic, and when I see excessive question punctuation and bold letters I assume "upset mode" (it's similar to ALL CAPS). As do many people on the internet, so perhaps it'd behoove us all to be a little more clear in our "mode".
Thyme's response is typical as to what is causing so many members leaving MUB.
Right. I've been posting like that since long before you joined this board. And the community grew then.

(and it's tyme, not thyme, dang it :P )

Edited by tyme