Wifi setup in Mandriva Powerpack 2008.1

Guest gijs1932

Guest gijs1932

Hello and good-morning-afternoon or night to the interested reader

My wireless config failed.

I use Acer Aspire 7520G, equiped with wireless card Atheros Communications inc. AR5006EG 802.11b/g wireless PCI Express Adapterand + OS Mandriva Powerpack 2008.1 with the x86_64 architecture. Following the Wifi setup in tips for free from Rob a.k.a. aRTee I installed the interfaces ipw3945d and ipw3945-ucode through urpmi, an excellent tool. :lol2: Both interfaces were correctly installed. :D

I then tried to configure the wireless network card AR-etc through MCC networking and received the message:

"unable to find network interface for selected drver (using ath_pci driver)"

Are there other interfaces, specifically for AR5006EG 802.11b/g?

If so, where to find them?

All solutions will be welcomed by

Gijs1932

If you're using an atheros card, the ipw packages you installed definitely won't work because they are for an Intel chipset card.

You'll be wanting to install the madwifi driver to use for the atheros chipset card, or ndiswrapper with the windows drivers. I'd try madwifi first, and then use NetworkManager (gnome) or knetworkmanager (kde) depending on which desktop you're using. Then you can let these manage the config parameters for the password to connect to the wireless network.

Guest gijs1932

I did install madwifi, which is part of the Powerpack 2008.1, and still receive the answer: unable to find networkcard, using ath_pci driver. :wall: What could I have done wrong?

Please advice + TIA

Gijs1932