Problems with checking out winex cvs

I'm trying to check out winex from the cvs sourceforge server but I have the following problems:

- Half of the time it will not connect or not connect properly (ie when I try checking out, it will report some errors like can't make directory or something like that).

- I have to check out as root, otherwise it will never do anything :?

- After it starts checking out and downloading things, it goes fine for a while then will get stuck everytime at wineclipsrv.c (hope I get the name correct) with no further progress :?

How can I fix this ? :? Many thanks :)

- not much that can be done about the connection.

- what sort of errors do you get it you try to do it as root? i never had any issues doing CVS with root.

- what errors are you getting?

keep in mind CVS is CVS and is not proven to work.

- not much that can be done about the connection.

True :/ It's free afterall :)

- what sort of errors do you get it you try to do it as root?  i never had any issues doing CVS with root.

I meant I have to su to root to check out, otherwise it will give me some "can't make directory wine - no such file or directory" or just sit there doing nothing.

- what errors are you getting?

The above and this one: it stops at checking out the file wineclipsrv.c every time. It just gets stuck there and doesn't do anything (I left it going overnight once).

keep in mind CVS is CVS and is not proven to work.

Yeah :/ This is the first time I used the cvs server thing to check out something from the Net though ^_^

what directory are you sitting in at the shell when you issue the cvs commands? issue them from within your home directory, as a regular user....if you are doing that, then I have no clue why you are getting the can't create directory error! (unless that error occurs during compilation).

my only guess is that their CVS is fubar. I'll try getting it from CVS tonight to see if the problem occurs with me. if not, I'll send you that file and if you place it in the CVS dir it _should_ just skip over it :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oops I forgot about this for 2 weeks ! :P Thanks a lot for your help, tyme, really appreciate it :)

During that 2 weeks, I switched to a different ISP and got a new comp also, and just then I remembered that I should get WineX again. This time things went smoothly: I no longer had to su to root just to log in to their CVS server and download stuff :roll: Got excellent speed too. However, it once again paushed at wineclipsrv.c.......As you can imagine, I was quite pissed off :P Fortunately it only lasted for a min or two and all is done now !!!

-> start compiling WineX :P