Go get OpenOffice.org 1.1rc and take back everything

Guest BooYah

Ok, I'll explain: with the resulting pdf the prints come out the right way; it's to print on envelopes, and I have to put them in sideways to be sure the back flap doesn't get stuck.

With direct printing, OOo combined with the printer want to print on a4 paper (even with my own pagesize and paper definition), meaning the info gets put at the last part (left top) of an A4 paper, so if I use a (much smaller) envelope, the printer starts printing only after the whole envelope is transported through...

If I'd mess around long enough with the paper size I'm sure I could get it right, but with OOo1.0.2 exporting to pdf, previewing with kghostview and then printing the desired pages went fine.

So since I was using that flow, I wanted to be able to use it with OOo1.1 as well. Which is when I found out it doesn't work like it should anymore.

For me this is not a real blocker, but it is an annoying error and one that should get fixed. But apparently it is not repeatable on all systems, so maybe I just have to fix it on my side...

BTW, to get to your other question: the eps as embedded background allowed me to position my own address whereas I could reset the normal text (of all addresses) to begin somewhere halfway the page, and when my girlfriend asked to change (shift) it a bit, I could just ctrl-a (select all) and slide the control point at the top ruler a bit and voila, on all envelopes the recipient address was shifted as desired.

What you probably didn't realise is that I have fifty addresses or so (and my girlfriend has a similar number) in that size..., just go to the end of the address and hit ctrl-enter, the next one will also have the embedded sender-address at the top left corner, just hit enter 10x and start with the next address. Clean and easy.

Anyway, thanks a lot for helping me on this one!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic