Cannot login

Guest gdr75fq

sorry to say, you may be in a bit of a bind. here's a link to a Google search for Linux drivers for your card. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-...G=Google+Search

it doesn't look too promissing. maybe there's a generic/compatable driver you could use. (anybody else have an idea about that?) like i said earlier, MDK has the EXACT driver for my video card, but i ended up having to use a different driver to get it working. also, did you check the ATI/Radeon web site? http://www.ati.com/ maybe you could get some info there.

Chris

it turned out that i needed to use ATI Rage Pro (Utah) drivers. also, i had to reset my refresh rate down from 60hz to 56hz & my resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600.

Ooh that refresh rate is awfully low! not good for your eyes at all!! it's reccomended not to go under it think 60-70hz. I have an ATI 3D Rage Pro, it's at 1024x768 and has a refresh of... WHOA 60hz! oh well. I have a standard 15" CRT monitor.

I'm also terribly off topic!! Sorry!!

James

my bad.........i do have my refresh rate set to 60hz.........it wouldn't run at 70hz.........but, i have no eye strain or problems with viewing or video........15" monitor here, too. anywho, straying off the original topic now, sorry.

Chris

Guest gdr75fq

ATI does not support the card for linux at there site. I need some good drivers that work. Does anybody know where to find ATI 9800 pro 256mb linux drivers?

if you searched around, i'm sure you know by now that you're not alone with lack of Linux drivers for that video card. (why, i don't know) the only thing i'd try (suggest) is try some different ATI/Radeon drivers from the MDK packages. MAYBE one of them would be compatable enough to get it working. what have you got to lose? worst case scenerio is, you'd still be stuck where you are. i told you that my EXACT driver match for my ATI card wouldn't work, but another ATI driver did. play around with that, unless somebody has a different work around/suggestion. sorry, but that's the best i can come up with right now.

Chris