Mandriva Spring Installation Problem

Guest Chalo

Guest Chalo

Hi

first of all hi to all of you that are part of this forum. I needed toget away from Windows as many of you, so I decide to start using linux. First I tried to install buntu, which it gave me problems and then for some reason it worked. I update the softwre, reboot and i did not work anymore, so I discovered mandriva, read about it and it seems like the right one for me. Now i am facin installation problems in mandriva too.

If I choose to read the errors, I notice it keeps looping something like

buffer I/0 error on device hda, logical block 341701 and again but with different numbers at the end.

trhen after a long time, it goes blank, and thats it.

what can I do, whats wrong?

error medium error Sense key=0x85 is somethig else I can read in there, I actually wonder if I could some how copy paste all that stuff. Anyways, it is not loading the live version or anything. Please help me on my windows escape, I really dont want more of it, but I am getting linux problems here as well =(

thanks for those who will reply in advance,

Chalo

:wall:

the reference to hda makes me think it could be a bad block on the HD.

I'm NO cli expert, but I BELIEVE that if you kill your partitions and re make them, reformat them and then run fsck on them (its like chkdsk in windows) you may be able to map "over " that block.

j

Guest Chalo

One thing I noticed this morning, is that there is another partition, when I thought the HDD was totally free, I will re partition the disk and do that you are telling me and try again, I will let you know! thanks a lot both of you for answering, see you back after this 2nd try.