Backup to DVD software?

GekkoGeck0

I'm looking for a piece of software that will let me backup both my Linux and Windows partitions (dual boot, they're both on the same hard drive) onto DVDs, preferrably with some system to do incremential and differential backups on a regular basis that's easy to use.

I've been looking around for a little while and not really finding anything.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried the Mandriva- backup-tools of the MCC already?

And can you please specify if you want to backup only the personal files (/home, ...) or the complete operating system?

For backing up your personal files, there are many options available. For KDE, the most commonly used tool is K3B, for Gnome it's brasero and/or Nautilus-burner. In order to backup your Windows files, you will need to make your NTFS partition acessible from within Mandriva if you haven't done so already (it's not complicated) and mount it in Linux of course. THen, you can simply drag files into e.g. K3B and start burning. For scheduled backups, I guess you will need to do a cron job.

For backing up Windows files from within Windows, well, there are tons of apps available like Nero. Just choose one.

There's KDar check it out here: http://kdar.sourceforge.net/

There is a beta version available in contribs kdar-2.1.0-0.beta1.1mdv2008.1.i586.rpm.

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}

I command DVDBackup accessible

Tool in Centre of Steering MCC as well as always best console dd for whole partition

dd if=/dev/hdx | gzip -c -> backup.img

.....Lex