Verizon PC5750 and 2008.1

mindwave

I have suregery next month, and my hospital has "free guest wireless" but has a firewall that blocks almost EVERYTHING. Including radio stations.

My laptop has 2008.1 on it and KDE and thats all working fine (ACER Aspire 5305)

however I would love to get my Verizon PC5750 Cellular Broadband card working.

I bought it to use w/ my work (windows) laptop, but dont want to take that to the hospital woth me.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

J

[moved from Hardware by Greg2]

I did search all the search engines for it, and found that a lot of foolkx had gotten it to work w/ UBU, but couldnt find anyone who had tried it with MDV.

Essentially the device is being treated like a deail up modem and not having ever set one of those up, I was hoping that maybe someone here might have tried this ion the past.

I know the 5750 isnt the newest kid on the block, but thats why i was hoping someone had tried this already.

j

Have you tried simply using drakconnect? It is able to cope with several cellular data devices and providers.

thats what I'm going to try tonite. As I mentioned earlier, I just found out that its being treated as a dialup device.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, so how about those synce/wm2003 backports...

:)

It's half done, but I can't finish it due to a bug in the buildsystem which no-one seems to want to fix :\

OY, ok, I know I've bugged you a lot, if you could just let me know when it happens i'd REALLY appreciate it.

thats the one thing that is keeping my wife off of 100% MDV.

J