Alpha Centaury from the Win version.

sud_crow

Hi,

I have Alpha Centaury, windows version, i like games, a lot. So i was looking what was native for linux, and found among others, Alpha, so i thought that i may have a chance replacing some files to make it work under linux, is this so? i knew this was possible for UT for ex.

Thnx,

No, it's not possible with alpha centauri. you'd have to hunt around for one of the linux versions put out by loki. it's been reported that ebay might have some listed. also tuxgames.com sells some...but since they aren't being made anymore (loki went out of business) they're just selling leftover stock and when it runs out that's it.

it has to do with what loki was permitted to do when porting games. there was another thread about this somewhere...but anyways, the answer to your question is simply "no" ;-)

Well. thats real bad news...

.... so loky went out of buss?... damn i remember some years ago when i first tryed linux they being the only ones doing port of games.... now is there someone else? or what?

about alpha, well, i guess that why i have VMware installed... but hey! i would liked it native (or sort of)