Deactivate power-off when pressing button [solved]

ppcrulez

How do I stop the Power button from turning off the computer. My 15 month old kid thinks it's really funny to press that power button, and well I don't think it's that funny, really ;)

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by ppcrulez

Would it not be wiser to try and relocate the pc out of reach? Unless you fancy having to remove the power lead or turn off the wall socket to power down after a complete system freeze! Have a look in your bios and see what options you have for your power button. Perhaps changing it to put the computer in sleep mode instead of powering off.

I don't know if the BIOS would give you any options for the Power Button, but look at Configure KPowersave > General Settings > Button Events and chose nothing for power button. This works on my laptop anyway. However even if the Power Button button event is set to do nothing, if you hold the Power Button down long enough (5 -10 seconds) you get a hard shutdown.

I don't know if the BIOS would give you any options for the Power Button, but look at Configure KPowersave > General Settings > Button Events and chose nothing for power button. This works on my laptop anyway. However even if the Power Button button event is set to do nothing, if you hold the Power Button down long enough (5 -10 seconds) you get a hard shutdown.

Thanks! I can't believe I missed that option :D So far my kid doesn't hold the power button pressed so this isn't a problem, and it also good to be able to turn off the power with the 5-10s button hold, if the computer would freeze.