Networking configuration issue

Carcozep

First of all .SORRY i post it here..but every time i went into the netwoking under advanced topics it refused to keep me loged in..so i couldd't start this topic..my little issue is..i have a dhcp connection......with user and password requierd.....and in NONE of my local network connection or internet connection....menus....i couldn't find it :(...so basically i can't browse the internet...

if i am not to rude to ask this little..maybe..stupid question....where do i finally find the menus or..console commands that would do the job of configuring my internet connection?.. :(

i have mandriva 2007.1 spring edition.....

[moved from Installing Mandriva by Greg2]

If you have a stand-alone DSL or cable modem, that's usually done in the modem's configuration. See your modem manual for how to do that. Otherwise, select the appropriate option in MCC (Configure your computer)/Network & Internet/Set up a new network interface.

Jim

If it's requiring a username and password, this sounds like a dialup type connection, either being made via ADSL for PPPoA or PPPoE. So you should be looking at ADSL connection.

If it's requiring a username and password, this sounds like a dialup type connection, either being made via ADSL for PPPoA or PPPoE. So you should be looking at ADSL connection.

well...thanks....since the only time i used linux was when i serriously got irritated by windows...about 4 years ago..when i erradicate any trace of the b****y thing from my hard drive..and did my best with linux......unfortunately it didn;t last long..so comming back proves to be not so easy as to riding a bike :).....if i succed then the next post with issues will be sent....from the linux system :)

Hope you succeed! My first time back in 1998 only lasted a day or two! :D

And if not, do come back and post, we'll gladly help to make sure you do succeed!

weell...i was going to succed..i was just one step after i told it my username and pasworrdd...but.....but..it asked me for the mandriva cd's to instal a few packages which were requiered to finnish the configuration...cd's..that were...forgotten somwhere around 260km from where i am sitting now in front of my computer...and now i was just desperately surfing the internet for the old 2007 spring edition..which..on cd's...seems to be quite hard to find even for google.. :(....

I foundd them...... :thumbs: but now i gotta go run and buy some cd's all over again......:)...damn....i sure forget a LOT of things.....

I am not using any laptop....and this is a delicate issue...i can log on with a new user i created..but the old one and the root just won;t work.......and besides...i can;t boot my mandriva now...when it starts.....somwhere just after "loading alsa plugin - Ok" it halts completly...and i am forced to restart again and again..just to end up in the same place.. :( ....and from safe mode i can;t log on as root..and if do log on as a user...it won;t accept me to start the graphical desktop enviorment :(....one problem lead to all these others....any solutions now?..... :unsure: